|Taylor’s Appliance was started in 1945 by Harold Taylor Sr., a native local resident, born in Corona California. Prior to starting Taylor's Appliance, he was the Sales Manager for the National Ice Company here in Riverside, where he was responsible for delivering ice to the local residents for their iceboxes.|
|With the post-war popularity of the electric refrigerator, the future for ice sales was limited. He tried to convince his employer to sell electric refrigerators, but they resisted, so he decided to enter the business himself.
Shown here is Harold Taylor, Sr (right) and Leonard McCabe.
|Harold Taylor, Jr. unloading freight shipped in by rail car directly from the manufacturer.|
|A devastating fire burned the operation to the ground on a Sunday in 1972. This did not stop the business.|
|Taylor’s Appliance was open the next day operating out of their warehouse that was located just down the street. The business was operated out of this warehouse for a short time while a new home was found.
Pictured is Harold Taylor, Jr. and Dorothy Braun, our bookkeeper for almost 30 years.
|In 1973, the store opened in a brand new building near the corner of Jurupa and Magnolia, where we operated until 1990. At that time we moved into the current building where we reside today at 6140 Magnolia Ave.|
|In 1992, we renovated and moved into the building where we reside today. Taylor’s Appliance is still family owned and operated by the Taylor family. Harold Taylor Jr. and Scott Taylor are responsible for the daily operations of the store.|